Film Director, Producer
BLURRED PICTURES Studio Moscow, Russia (from 09.2011) - Film Director
• Directing a full-length feature film with a socially important theme
• Building connections with international partners for marketing and distribution
LEOPOLIS Studio > SITE Moscow, Russia (06.2009 – 12.2009) - 1st Assistant Director
• Composed production schedule, call sheets and draft budgeting.
• Coordinated film production on set, assisted with scene blocking.
• Supervised actors, wardrobe, props and make-up departments.
SHANDESIGN Studio > SITE Moscow, Russia (07.2007 – 06.2008) - TV Commercial Film Producer
• Produced TV commercial films and broadcast design.
• Monitored script approval, crew recruitment and casting.
• Handled client communication and project delivery.
FOCUS Films > SITE Moscow, Russia (04.2007 – 05.2007) - Assistant Producer
• Worked out pre-production books and travel budgeting.
• Cooperated with on-site production partners for location scouting.
• Administrated local casting, wardrobe, make-up and props approval.
PHENOMEN Films > SITE Saint-Petersburg, Russia (01.2007 – 03.2007) - Assistant Director
• Sourced props for an award-winning period movie.
• Conducted historical research on 1960’s everyday life.
• Worked out props budget, supervised script on set.
WHITE LIGHT Studio Moscow, Russia (09.2006 – 11.2006) - 1st Assistant Director
• Composed shooting plan and script explication.
• Coordinated cinema crew, assisted director on the set.
• Directed casting, managed location scouting.
METRAFILMS Production > SITE Moscow, Russia (08.2005 – 05.2006) - Production Manager
• Managed TV commercial film production and post-production.
• Communicated with international partners, managed accounts.
• Handled cost estimates and demo reels, organized business travel.
TDF Studio Moscow, Russia (07.2004 – 11.2004) - Documentary Screenwriter
• Wrote and directed The Veppskiy Forest (Documentary Movie).
Things Are Really Insane Los Angeles, California (04.2011 – 05.2011) - 1st Assistant Camera
• Assisted DP with focus pulling and camera positioning.
• Managed digital media archive and equipment logistics.
No crime. No punishment Los Angeles, California (10.2010 – 12.2010) - Director of Photography
• Shooting on Canon DSLR camera, media management.
• Set up lighting for exterior and interior scenes.
Classmates Moscow, Russia (12.2009 – 04.2010) - Director, Producer
• Composed project budget and timing, scouted locations.
• Approved script, actors and crew, directed on the set.
• Supervised post-production: color correction, video and sound editing.
New York Film Academy > SITE Los Angeles, California (09.2010 – 08.2011)
Graduate Certificate in Filmmaking
• Gained line producing and independent directing skills.
• Improved writing for narrative film and story structure knowledge.
One Year Documentary Filmmaking Program
• Built up social and character-driven documentary production skills.
• Learned different documentary genres and cinematography methods.
• Practiced interviewing, factual analysis and project presentation.
Russian State University for the Humanities > SITE Moscow, Russia (09.2000 – 06.2007)
MA (Specialist) in Literature, Cinema and Theatre Studies
• Conducted research of East European cinema techniques.
• Developed creative writing and critique skills.
US Department of State, The Fulbright Program Grantee 2010
October Magazine, The Best Critical Book Review Debut Award 2006
Russian State University for the Humanities > SITE Moscow, Russia (01.2008 – 12.2009) - Lecturer
• Taught and managed American cinema history course.
• Coordinated access to film collection and multimedia resources.
• Provided research advice for student film history research work.
'Golden Section' Private School > SITE Moscow, Russia (01.2005 – 06.2005) - Instructor
• Filmed and edited a documentary involving primary students.
• Designed and edited monthly secondary school newspaper.
Line producing and 1st AD functions on the production cycle.
International project coordination and travel management.
Client communication, account management, fund raising.
Film, lighting and grip equipment maintenance and operating.
Writing for screen, real life story adaptation, verbatim recording.
Studio portrait and on-site event photography, lighting set up.
Proficient in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects.
TV PRODUCING WORK SAMPLES
'Dreams come true' Shandesign Studio, 2007
SHORT FILM SAMPLE
'Tied Hard' Los Angeles, 2010